Friday, July 25, 2008

This is an extract from my personal file … a small re-hash of the famous Beatles song titled “Help” and was “created” in the aftermath of India’s dismal World Cup performance and Greg Chappel’s impending exit


Help! I need somebody …

Help! Not just anybody

Help! You know I need Sourav … Help!

When I was new...So much newer than today

I needed only More’s help in every other way

And now those days are gone,I’m not so self-assured

Now I find the Chairman has a mind

And they are closing the door

Sourav…Help me if you can,I’m feeling down

And I do appreciate you helped me the last time around

Help me get my coaching stint back on the ground

Won’t you please please help me?

And now my finances have changed in … oh!! so many ways

My survival seems to depend on your grace

And every now and then I feel so insecure

I know that I just need you … like I’ve never done before

Help me as only you can, I’m feeling ashamed

But I do appreciateyou being ’round

Help me get my self respect back to where it belonged

Oh Sourav…Won’t you please please help me?




ps : Apologies to The Beatles …

No comments: